Environmental Policy

Fenning’s have been committed to the timber industry for over seventy years.

In Victoria, the timber industry only operates in 5% of State Forests with the remaining 95% of area locked up in National Parks and Conservation reserves which are excluded from harvesting.

 Fenning’s support Australia’s forest policy to maintain and embrace their environmental, social and economic values for current and future generations.

We recognise that there exists a general concern within the Australia community over forest management and the accountability of the timber industry.

Governments have set up forest management standards in response to these concerns.

State Government regulate commercial forest practices in accordance with commonwealth legislation in all public forests.

Fenning Timbers is certified with the Responsible Wood Scheme. The scheme is made up of the following two Australian Standards:

Sustainable Forest Management (AS4708): Assures that forests are conserved and managed responsibly to ensure they deliver social, environmental and economic benefits now and in the future.

Chain of Custody Certification (AS4707): A verified mechanism for tracking forest materials from the sustainably managed forest to the final product, used to substantiate any claim that wood and wood products are obtained from a certified forest.

Close Menu